Alter Your Eating Habits
Healthy eating habits can help you lose weight and eliminate fat all over your body, including your midsection. Implement the following habits to help you shed pounds and improve your appearance:
- Replace sugary soda and juices with water—drinking plenty of water will keep your body healthy and curb your appetite.
- If you eat carbohydrates, only eat whole grains.
- Eat breakfast every day to get your metabolism going and keep your energy up.
- Prepare healthy snacks like almonds, carrot sticks, hummus, Greek yogurt, apple slices, and celery to curb hunger and prevent trips to the vending machine.
- Use smaller plates and bowls. Using smaller dishes can help you cut back your portion sizes when you still want to eat food you love.
- Avoid eating because you’re bored, sad, or stressed—find other healthier ways to boost your mood—listen to music, go for a walk outside, or call a friend.
- Limit your alcohol consumption to special occasions and weekends.
- Eat plenty of leafy greens, colorful fruits, and crunchy vegetables.
Choose Exercises That Strengthen Your Core
Strengthening your core will improve the appearance of your midsection and strengthen your entire body. Running is one of the simplest and most effective exercises out there, but there are plenty of other ways to tone your tummy.
- Sign up for a Pilates class
- Add planks to your workout routine. Start by holding the plank for 30 seconds and increase the time as you go.
- Do yoga in the mornings
- Add some weight training to your exercise schedule
All the above exercises can strengthen your core and improve the appearance of your waist and abdomen.
Target Stubborn Bulges With Liposuction and CoolSculpting
Diet and exercise are an important part of improving your waistline and toning your tummy, but sometimes a healthy diet and regular exercise just aren’t enough to eliminate stubborn fat.
If you’d like to target bulges around your abdomen, thighs, or on your back, liposuction and CoolSculpting may be able to help. Both procedures are designed to eliminate stubborn fat. These procedures will likely be more effective if you’re already at a healthy weight, so combining liposuction or CoolsSculpting with a healthy diet and regular exercise may be the best way to get the body you deserve. To learn more about liposuction and CoolSculpting, schedule a consultation with Dr. Eugene Nowak.